directorygames | The Dragon Circle Cometh – Friday, October 27, 20170
Where do I begin? Let’s start with a Backer base that has patiently waited for us to deliver on a game. Let’s then extend the wait due to the whole re-abilitation process, and test their patience even more. Now, how do we thank our Backers for their patience? One way would be surprising them with some unexpected thing(s). In this case, the creation of the lore of The Dragon Circle™ and the concepts of Dragon Challenges™ and Saturday Night Sieges™. What is this all about? It’s about fun, it’s about helping us to make a better game, and it’s about time!
If you go to our Beta 1 doc (http://camelotunchained.com/
If you missed today’s livestream, where we covered lots of our Backers’ questions about all this, you can catch that HERE.
- For your convenience, here’s the Beta 1 Doc link again.
- And here’s the German version. Massive thanks to Apollon, Skarda, and Sethimus Xechon, who put in a ton of consecutive hours getting this translation done!
- No French version yet, although that is coming soon!
Without further ado, here’s the Top Tenish list of highlighted accomplishments from the past week. A pretty good list!
- WIP – MJ – FUN: We said from the beginning of our Kickstarter that our Alpha testing was not going to be a lot of fun. OTOH, we also didn’t expect it to include the re-abilitation. Thus, it turned out to be even less fun than we expected, which is one of the reasons we are doing what we have been doing for the last few weeks. One of our Guiding Principles for Beta 1 is that we want our Backers to have lots and lots of fun in that testing period. To make this happen, we have and will devote the resources necessary to make our Beta 1 experience not something that our Backers have to endure, but something that our Backers want to play in a lot. And with that, I’m happy to be able to begin talking about The Dragon Circle™, Dragon Challenges™, and, of course, Saturday Night Sieges™.
- WIP – Tech – Siege Deathmatch: After a few weeks of work getting this ready, we are proud to be talking about Saturday Night Sieges! This week, we tested our very first iteration of Deathmatch-style gameplay in the office. Players jump in, join a team, and kill each other for points. In-office tests have uncovered bugs to fix and produced a lot of trash talk, laughing, yelling, whining, and calls to nerf the OP classes! Ah, memories of games long past.